Protecting and respecting your privacy
By browsing and using our website you agree to this policy governing your use of the website. If you do not accept this policy, you must not use our website.
Collection of information
In order to provide the services you want, and to allow you to experience a more personalised service when you revisit us, we need to know your interests. We find these out by asking you, by reading your comments and by looking at which are the most popular areas of our sites.
Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) which you have provided voluntarily to us either by completing registration or enquiry forms or sending emails to us. Please do not submit your personal data to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Collection of other information
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on our website and your geographical location.
Use of your information
You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with our services and ancillary services and for our internal business purposes. These include (without limitation):
- Personalising your visits to the site and developing the design and style of the site to improve our services to you
- To inform you about the latest changes to our website, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting
- Communication (and personalising such communication) with you from group companies and from other reputable and trustworthy third parties (if you have agreed to such)
- Informing you if you have been successful in any of the competitions or promotions
- Compiling customer reviews
- For market research purposes
- To prevent you from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our sites
- To enable third parties to carry out statistical analyses', technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising
- For strategic development
- For any purpose required by law or regulation
- For accounting purposes
We may disclose your information to any company within our group of companies by means of a centralized database to which all dmg world media companies have access or by means of a direct transfer of data from one office to another.
We may provide third parties, at our discretion, with certain aggregate statistical data about your use of our websites, which data may include demographic data such as age range and/or geographic location of groups of user. It will not include information that could personally identify you.
We may monitor and keep records of email communications which you send to us and other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our sites. However we use our reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use.